The Steering Committee meets at least monthly and is charged with selecting a book for the annual Literary Luncheon in March, where the author is invited to speak. Criteria for choosing the book include:
• Southern Connection: The author or setting should have a connection to the Southeastern United States.
• Subject: The subject of the book should be of interest to a broad range of people in the city and to people of various ages. It should stimulate discussion, raise community issues, and examine values.
• Writing: The book should be well written with compelling issues, characters and themes.
• Author: The author should be available to attend a Roswell Reads event at a price within the Roswell Reads budget. Explore new authors. Research author’s speaking ability.
• Availability: The book should be in print and readily available. (Ideally in paperback, electronic, audio and large type formats; affordable priced)
• Length: Ideally, the book should range between 200 – 350 pages.
• Diversity: A variety of authors, subjects and themes should be explored.
It's Great to be Back in the Library!
Fulton County Public Libraries are now open on Tuesdays from 10:00-7:00 and Saturdays from 10:00-6:00
Click the link below for more information.